Old 13-12-2006, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Can anyone recommend a distance learning course?

judith lea wrote:
Cat(h) wrote:

For the record. I am here to talk about gardening, and am utterly
unimpressed with two (for it does take two) supposedly adult people who
cannot have a difference of opinion without resorting to bitchy retorts
a 5-year old would find childish, and are patently devoid of the most
basic humility required to recognise when they get it wrong.
To me, this reflects equally poorly on both protagonists, and has
certainly influenced me in deciding whose comments to read, and whose
to ignore.
I felt I had to make this comment just so silence is not assimilated to
support for one or other equally unimpressive party.
FWIW

Cat(h)

You are quite right - I apologise for offending you.

You did not offend me, so no apology is required. This is usenet,
after all. However, my experience of URG is that it is an
exceptionally mature and really good newsgroup, with focussed
contributors generous with sharing their experience and expertise,
little feeding of trolls and practically no entertainment of the
occasional headcase who inevitably cross-posts or passes through.
Bickering in which regular contributors resort to calling each-other
names or commenting disparagingly on one-another's appearance (!!!!!)
just doesn't fit with what I expect from this newsgroup. Hence my
comment. I shall say no more on the topic.

Cat(h)