Old 13-12-2006, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith lea judith lea is offline

Default B+Q Christmas Trees?outdoors

Sacha wrote:

Somewhere at the back of my mind - and I do hope I'm wrong - there is a
faint memory that they're treated at the roots so as not to survive outside.
I don't see how that can be but it's just a notion I have that I've read
that somewhere.

They don't look treated but then it could be a liquid that it clear. I
was quite sad to see them stacked so early before being sent to
wholesalersretailers - there are still a few hundred stacked and every
time I pass, I can see the general public buying them - I would not
expect dry roots to survive after all this time, but who knows, maybe
Ray will have a good idea on this?