Old 14-12-2006, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default B+Q Christmas Trees?outdoors

In message . com,
"
writes
Went into my local B+Q to purchase a potted Christmas Tree, with the
intention of planting it out in the garden latter. ALL the
trees(varieties) had on the label"Not suitable for replanting
outdoors". Why is this ??

Don't take any notice. I bought one there three years ago and put it
outside in its pot. It thrived and only died off last summer.
Sometimes, the trees have had their roots removed or they have been
treated so that they won't grow but come spring, mine had lovely little
soft green shoots on it. It looked lovely indoors last Christmas (its
third go) and I was sad when it died off - probably through neglect on
my part.
--
June Hughes