Old 14-12-2006, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default B+Q Christmas Trees?outdoors

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:33:33 +0100, "JennyC"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Went into my local B+Q to purchase a potted Christmas Tree, with the
intention of planting it out in the garden latter. ALL the
trees(varieties) had on the label"Not suitable for replanting
outdoors". Why is this ??

I have heard a tale (urban legend?) that they dip the rootball in boiling
water. That way you have to buy a new tree each year?

Is that what Bakker do with beech hedging?
--

Martin

Yes I have always found Bakker to be a strange company. You get some plants
of absolute superb quality and other things which are very mediocre.
I believe they have a guarantee (5 years?)