Old 14-12-2006, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Can anyone recommend a distance learning course?

Cat(h) wrote:
It is quite possible to challenge the bad advice someone gives without
engaging them in a slanging match, and that does a great deal less harm
to the credibility of the group.

To this day we have never ever seen any, not one, supposedly wrong
advice put right because I haven't given one bad advice. It's always
buried into the usual rubbish we've succomed to in recent months. It
has always been a terrible frustrating time to realise that at the end
it's not about the advice given or not given, but it's about a
personnal issue which eventually turns into an ugly debate with rancid
and bitter responses and nothing about the gardening issue.

I cannot understand why nobody, absolutely nobody, not see the need to
look for the answer when it's there nor defend the poster with his/her
advice, in my case this would be the KLC school answer, and respond
that in fact it is right and plain to see. Other events like these are
numerous, notably the 'sustainability' issue with Janet and the
constant attacks I've had about not knowing what I was talking about
and supposedly pretending to be working where I was etc. When I proved
I was actually working in Scotland - the nasty posts stopped. And when
I try to prove myself with facts, I'm told I'm boasting.

As for the prunning of apple trees, the answer given by Judith as 'I'm
not an expert but' and 'Autumn - like now' as now turned into 'Late
Autumn/winter' and into 'my gardener does it for me'. Mind boggles. The
answer was winter, as Charlie explained, more like end of January/Feb,
even though there's a 4 months window time, I will prune my trees,
along with many of my gardening friends at the end of January/Feb and
not 'Now' as suggested by Judith (especially in the recent warm
temperature we've had).

That, and only that, frustrate me. And I will defend myself until I
change colour too g