Old 14-12-2006, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default New lawn dying

"JT" wrote in message
k...
Help please,

moved two years ago and laid new turf in Spring 2005, no problems at all

and
the lawn was in splendid shape this summer.
Last mown mid October. Now starting to die in patches.

photo of part of it

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bar...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Is this just from waterlogging, The piece in the picture was laid over an
old flower bed, ( well prepared for turf)

TIA

JT

I can't see the picture (it wants me to be a member) so I am not sure how
big the patches are. Here are some suggestions.
There is the possibility that the turf used was a mixture of annual and
perennial grasses i.e. not great for lawns. If it is that, then time will
fix it as over the years the perennial grasses take over, but as grass seed
is so cheap you may as well just sprinkle some over the patches.
Do you have a dog? that is another common cause of brown patches on lawns.
Do you have a petrol mower that may have leaked fuel, that also makes big
brown patches.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk