Old 15-12-2006, 06:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill[_5_] Bill[_5_] is offline

Default Thanks for inviting me to join your group

In article ,
says...
In article MPG.1feb8770f1c24ee5989763@localhost,
Bill wrote:

In article ,
says...
In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

http://cathysplants.googlepages.com

alt.pictures.binaries.gardens

She might not be able to get there using Google Groups. (However, doing
a search for alt.pictures.binaries.gardens might reveal a site that
allows access.)

Puckdropper

Good point...

Can't help but wonder when GG will join the modern world and carry
binaries.

Considering the cost of storage to do such a thing and what they
charge for the service; probably never. Consider that text groups are
probably less that 5% of the stuff thats sent to Usenet groups in toto.

Bill

They could always start a "pay for" service that would include filtering
options.....

They'd have to beat out other news service providers that are already
doing that. Supernews doesn't offer any options, but between what they
do filter and my filters I see very little dreck.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.