Old 15-12-2006, 07:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill[_5_] Bill[_5_] is offline

Default Thanks for inviting me to join your group

In article ews.net,
says...
Bill wrote in

In article ,
says...

Good point...

Can't help but wonder when GG will join the modern world and carry
binaries.

Considering the cost of storage to do such a thing and what they
charge for the service; probably never. Consider that text groups are
probably less that 5% of the stuff thats sent to Usenet groups in
toto.

Bill

I'd agree... probably never. There's also legal issues to look in to,
such as illegal software being uploaded to some groups. I could see
someone like Google carrying binary groups with the *.pictures.* segment
in their name, but I don't think it will happen soon. (There's also some
legal issues with age-restricted "pictures" groups...)

Puckdropper

You can see some of the numbers he

http://www.newsadmin.com/usenet.asp

Such as 91.4% of the posts are between 100KB and 499KB.
Yesterdays feed was around 5 million+ posts.

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.