Old 15-12-2006, 03:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Off topic, bump keys

On 2006-11-30 16:10:10 -0500, "Mark_OK" said:

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Hmm. Every criminal on earth will have these.

Diana

Having worked as a locksmith for a good many years I don't recall of a
single break-in that involved picking a lock. Stolen keys - yes. Most
break-ins involve breaking something, hence the name. Locks only keep
honest people honest.

Mark

Agreed. Absolutely correct. Remember, these morons (burgulars) don't want
to be seen or heard. Robbers on the other hand don't give a damn. Breaks
in are called that for a reason.

OK, don't laugh. My house was broken into a couple of days ago.

The fellow kicked the door in.

The cops caught him about 15 minutes later. (Priceless!)

I now have to buy a new front door. I also have to get a crash course in
home security.

Does anyone have suggestions about a good way to do that? Do cops offer
(free unbiased) advice?

Please answer off list so we can stay on topic. What I'm afraid of is
getting sold a bill of goods because I'm a naive idiot who can be had.

K Barrett
A fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.