Old 15-12-2006, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Can anyone recommend a distance learning course?

"WaltA" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:
Yes it IS usenet and we are all used to trolls. However, what does
one do when the headcases become one of the "regular contributors"

Well, actually, more to the point, what does one do when the

regulars
become headcases ? !

Are you serious? I simply cannot believe that you don't know the
history here!

The regulars who you seem to think have become those so called
"headcases" have become that way because of the action of ONE person
who has caused them severe and ongoing distress and whose actions are
what I consider simply beyond the bounds of any form of decent or
expected behaviour in a modern society. Obviously you don't agree
which makes me question your judgement.

I first had contact with that particular person in another forum when
she came stalking Janet B. She later claimed here, that she found
that other forum and started posting there because she thought it
would be interesting. I don't believe her. Her first and subsequent
posts in that other forum were not posted because of any "interest".
They were nasty posts aimed directly at Janet. She went stalking. My
immediate reaction on seeing the stalker's first post in that forum
was to post a response addressed to Janet to say "stalker
alert!!!!!!!" I wasn't the only one in that forum who thought exactly
the same thing.

That person has not only stalked Janet on usenet but has, it appears
had her photograph taken outside another regular urg poster's home.
Would any reasonable person call that sort of behaviour the act of a
"normal" person or a headcase? I know what I'd call it.

Another person who could also be described as a "headcase" made an
attempt to kill my husband. He didn't succeed and although I often
joke that if anyone ever kills my husband, I am the one who has earned
that privilege after 35 years of marriage, it was no joking matter.
That particular headcase was someone I also worked with at one stage
and would have said that he was highly intelligent and stable.
Obviously, one can never tell.

The attempted murderer will get out of gaol in 2 years time (he got 8
years) but I can tell you, I no longer consider headcases on usenet to
be benign. And I most particularly do NOT consider people who defend
themselves after significant provocation, to be "headcases".

Those who go stalking are potentially dangerous and it is because
stalkers are not just a nuisance but can be dangerous that most
countries now have legislation to deal with stalkers.

Lots, recently, of those who I used to read, for interesting

gardening
reading, have posted so much rubbish that now I take little notice

of
their posts,,, is that my loss or theirs ?

Your loss, but then given that you have just also posted that you also
"used to" read Sacha's posts I suspect that you still read all those
posts you purport not to.

because nodoubt they still
put a lot of effort into their ontopic posts but if we are not

reading
them because of their offtopic noise, what is the point all-round ?

regarding advice offered and advice taken,
usenet = caveat emptor
all those wishing to police good and bad gardening advice here has a
TonyBlair syndrome and should go to a moderated forum, not usenet.

You've missed the point. It's not just bad advice, its the behaviour
that goes along with it and includes stalking and abuse and sexism and
ageism and trolling and deliberately attempting to set the cat amongst
the pigeon. Yet you claim to be unable to identify who might be the
headcase!

I had thought it was time you got real, but, on reflection, I'm now
wondering if perhaps you are yet another sock puppet. I've noticed
that your posts seem to appear at the same time as we see the
re-emergence of the nasty naval person and his sock puppets.