Old 15-12-2006, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Poultry manure

WaltA wrote:
(2)spread it on a bed in the veg patch and use it for ,, beans ?

You lucky lucky man. I would spread it at the bottom of a trench now,
left open all winter for next year's broadbeans. We like broadbeans a
lot, mostly eaten raw, and 3 rows of 15/20 plants's not enough for our
tribe....

potatoes?

Yes - just spread it on top now and leave it till your spuds are ready
in March. And if you still have surplus (getting very jealous now) it
would indeed be perfect to dump the lot on your clay patch to rot on
and exposed to winter. I've learn my lesson with chooks manure - I got
lots of leaf one year because I applied it too late. Now is so perfect
- I'm annoyed with you ;o)