Old 15-12-2006, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT MikeCT is offline

Default Hardy annuals

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in a message:
Looking for suggestions and its years since growing any hardy annuals.
Have been remodelling part of the garden and it will be a couple of years
until the permanent planting is looking good so need to fill some big
gaps.
I want to sow in situ
It must be medium to big in size.
Not too prone to slug attack as the new area has masses of vegetable
matter
in the soil and is bound to be very sluggy.
Not bothered about colour.
Any suggestions?
-----

After a few failures put down to this summer's heat, I too had a few gaps to
fill in my borders. Undoubtedly the most successful fillers were Mr.
Fothergill's Cosmos mixtures. Although they didn't come into their own until
August, they proved to be quite magnificent.
As an added bonus, the slugs and snails left them alone too.

MikeCT