Old 24-03-2003, 02:32 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default Watering tomato plants

Any thoughts as to the effectivness of using a 2"-3" or thereabouts
PVC pipe embedded in the ground maybe 12" & about as tall as the
tomato cages or so for watering tomato plants? Traditional watering
just doesn't go very deep here judging from last years exoeriences
so the root system is quite shallow thus my thought on using a piece
of PVC and filling it maybe daily. I'm in New Mexico if that helps
at all. The tomato plants would be of the 'Roma' variety.

Now that I think of it, any thoughts on how this might do for other
veggies & flowers?

--
John S. DeBoo