Old 15-12-2006, 07:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scooter the Mighty Scooter the Mighty is offline

Default Rooting plants ? ? ?

Ray wrote:
I have a tea olive shrub (osmanthus fragrans) and I would like to root some
cuttings.

I've been told that if I stake a low branch into the ground -- leaving the
outer leaves exposed but the stem still attached to the trunk -- that it
will take root, and I can then clip the connection to the trunk and repot
the new plant.

How long should I leave the plant attached before replanting?

I would start it in the spring and check in the fall to see if there
are enough roots. If not, let it go another year.