Old 16-12-2006, 01:11 PM
restrorob restrorob is offline
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Tech
I had developed a severe stall condition especially when you tried to
use high rpm jets. I bought a carb kit and overhauled the carb BUT
lacked the information on settings internally BUT the carb did not look
very complicated. I am a A class Ford Technition and have loads of
experience on lawn tractors with B&S and Tucemseh but really have no
experience with 2 cycle engines and carbs. I am also having trouble
with chain stretch and my chain is only a few months old. BUT top item
is low on power and dogging while cutting thick wood and Misquite. She
alsways seems to need variances on fuel mixture as she is used and it
should not need this one setting should do it. I live in Nm and cut
wood daily with the saw for heat purposes. This saw is a critical tool
for everyday while winter lasts.

Any help is appreciated..

There is a small fuel in-let screen inside the carb., This screen gets glazed over from fuel and restricts fuel flow. It is hard to see the glazing so should be sprayed out with carb. & choke spray cleaner. Also the fuel filter should be checked, These little engines must have a free flowing filter with no restriction. Screw the adjusters in all the way then back low speed out one turn, High speed one and a half turn. This is a starting point for fine tuning once started.

As for chain stretch, That is caused in most part from the chain getting in the dirt while cutting. Use a shovel or something to lift the logs little as an inch sliding something under to get it off the ground before cutting. Also if the chain is stretched badly check the sprocket for grooves, Grooves in the sprocket adds to chain stretch also. If there are grooves in the sprocket replace both sprocket and chain as a pair, Never install a new chain on a grooved up sprocket it will only cause the chain to stretch fast like you stated.
__________________
15 yr. Briggs & Stratton Master Service Technician
Kohler Factory Trained
Tecumsea
Honda
Kawasaki