Old 16-12-2006, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Hardy annuals

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Charlie Pridham" wrote
Looking for suggestions and its years since growing any hardy annuals.
Have been remodelling part of the garden and it will be a couple of
years until the permanent planting is looking good so need to fill
some big gaps. I want to sow in situ
It must be medium to big in size.
Not too prone to slug attack as the new area has masses of vegetable
matter in the soil and is bound to be very sluggy.
Not bothered about colour.
Any suggestions?

What about Cornflowers, Clarkia, Larkspur, Scabious, and Opium poppies.
You could try some new varieties of Helianthus - I rather fancy some of
the deep red shades they have now.

--
Sue

How do you get on with the larkspur sown direct in the ground? I may well
add some opium poppies to my list as well as they keep coming back for
years, although mine have now turned to being all double pinks, good time to
get some new blood perhaps.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk