Old 16-12-2006, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Hardy annuals

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

. ie...

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
Christopher Lloyd recommended Cosmos purity to be grown with (have
forgotten name here :-)
ehh Mexican sunflower thing .... Compositae with bright orange flowers;

Remembered/googled now: Tithonia rotundifolia;
used to be able to get the species or varity Torch from T+M but now they
have a mixed colour one only.
Can probably get them from Chiltern. It looked so well combined with the
Cosmos purity that people used to stop and point at them in our front
garden.

Des

There's a name I had not heard of before, I will look it up

Like Cosmos though, they are not hardy.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk