Old 17-12-2006, 01:14 AM
restrorob restrorob is offline
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Tech
Hi Restrob, I had that carb completely apart and saw no screen. I
replaced it's needle and arm and diaphram and on the bottom I replaced
the gasket and the floopy type diaphram that opened and closed ports
and saw no sign of a screen. I looked and figured there had to be but
did not see it anywhere and since the overhaul she is somewhat useable
but lacks horse and her performance is lousy and needs twekaing all the
time. I did start at 1 turn each screw for starting point and opened
it from there. Like I said I have overhauled all brands of car carbs
over the years but this timy little carb was new to me and if there is
a screen hidden where is it ??

Hmmm,
It should have been located under the diaphragm above the fuel inlet needle (which is located in the center of the carb. body).

Can you post the brand carb. and the number stamped in it ?

Have you checked the spark arrester screen in the muffler ? These will clog up from the fuel mix restricting exhaust flow and could cause as you describe also.
__________________
15 yr. Briggs & Stratton Master Service Technician
Kohler Factory Trained
Tecumsea
Honda
Kawasaki