Old 17-12-2006, 12:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default Thread drift back on topic was: Off topic, bump keys

Thanks for thinking of us. No kids around to screw anything up; that would
be too easy a solution. I have actually managed a kind of peace with this
situation. We are doing what we can, and there's no point in tearing my hair
out over things I cannot change.

Hmm. I just might be maturing, at long last......

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Diana Kulaga wrote:
The collection is hurting, but I see some signs of stabilization. I wish
it would stop raining so I can hit everything with Cleary's. It's not
that I mind getting wet, but spraying the plants in the rain sounds kind
of dopey to me.

A mounted Phal is down to one leaf, and some of the other Phals are
really sad (lots of lost leaves). My Sievekingiana rothschildiana looks
like a goner. I was so proud of that little plant; it was growing really
well for something that exotic under my care, LOL! Several Vandas have
lost lower leaves, including V. Rev. Masao Yamada, which is a favorite.
On that one, it seems to be still spreading. Figures.

Diana

Argh. Well, fingers crossed for your collection. What a mystery. That
it should affect *everything* and all at once is (IMHO) weird. Maybe you
had a helpful kid mix up fertilizer in an old Roundup bottle (she says,
grabbing at straws.)

K Barrett