Old 16-12-2006, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith lea judith lea is offline

Default Clematis for poor soil

Colin Jacobs wrote:
Clematis Montana is a great shade/ poor soil climber. will also tolerate a
north facing plot.
prepare the hole with well rotted compost ad dress with bone meal withal
liquid feed (Baby Bio) in the growing season add a mulch around the base say
woodchips.
Good luck.

Thanks you - I already have Clematis Montana and it is superb but I
wanted something different and in white. I will use your tip on
woodchips as I have a tree that was chipped last month, hopefully it
will be cool enough to use in January/February.

Judith - at home