Old 17-12-2006, 02:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gemstone Rivers Gemstone Rivers is offline

Default Master Gardener program

"Anna M. Miller" wrote in
:

The training was for beginners, for 6 wks. there were no reference
books in the extension office where I served my 40 hrs service (I
brought my own from home),

Thanks for the info, Anna. Supposedly the programs in Indiana are among
some of the best although I've not specifically heard anything about our
county. I'm curious about the paragraph above. What did you do for
those 40 hrs of service? Answer phone problems? And they didn't give
you any reference books? Eyikes.

I guess I'm a beginner since I've never taken an horticultural courses.
I mostly just stumble my way through making plants grow. I guess it
won't hurt to learn the basics of what I'm doing.

Can I ask what sort of books you used as reference books?

Thanks for telling me your experiences with it.