Old 17-12-2006, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Albizia Julibrissin Rosea flowering in England ?

In article ,
Emery Davis writes:

| I suspect the
| lack of warm late summer temperatures to ripen the wood is the main culprit.
| Of course it may not appreciate the fogs of winter, either, so no doubt the
| wet is a factor.

That is what Bean thinks. Apparently the same is true of Daphne genkwa,
only even more so.

I suspect that there are quite a lot of such plants, though the exact
combinations of factors that they dislike may vary. Halesia monticola
and Cercis canadiensis showed signs of not thinking much of our summers,
as well.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.