Old 17-12-2006, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Poultry manure

WaltA wrote:

(snip and still dreaming of having chickens .... )

So I think a couple of heaps (like Mike says) on a couple of my veg.
beds is going to be the easiest way to go.

Long discussion today at our lotty - 4 tons of horse manure was dumped
for all to enjoy and guess what, it was sawdust with a very little
amount of straw. The stuff is so new, you'd think the horses just
dropped the lot. We've all decided to mix, in equal quantities, with
the compost we've kept on our respective plots. If not used for 6/12
months, the old fellas swore it would be fine. I however helped myself
to about 8 wheelbarrows and made a head which I covered with a carpet.
I'll make holes in it and will grow a nasturtium mountain ))))