Old 17-12-2006, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Colin Jacobs Colin Jacobs is offline

Default Clearing site of Brambles

Oh, I know that ! I have been an allotment holder for 23 years and have just
taken this one on due to moving house.
I relish a challenge but getting it out an easy way is a much better
challenge too.
Thanks for all the advice
Brush cutter, spray, then digging them out seems the best method.
Col.
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Colin Jacobs" wrote in message
My new Allotment plot it coved in c50 years of Brambles, other than

using
brush-cutter blade to cut them down how does on get to kill the root?

any
suitable weed killers?
Thanks

Col.

I think you have got the message from other posts. Rod's method is

probably
the easiest and most effective.
If the brambles are only a few years old then it's pretty easy to get a

fork
under the root crown and drag it out. Very satisfying and you have the

bonus
of turning the soil.
As an allotment holder you will need to get used to hard work:-)