Old 17-12-2006, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Albizia Julibrissin Rosea flowering in England ?

In article , Sacha writes:

| I'm sure you're right. Sometimes people forget that plants are living
| things and have their own temperament. I think we've all experienced plants
| that you move from one side of the garden to the other or even maybe 6' and
| they thrive, whereas before, they sulked. One side of our garden is good
| for rhodies, the other not so good but strangely is fine for Camellias.
| OTOH, at the bottom of the garden in a very dry spot in summer, we have a
| wonderful splurge of Arum lilies. It's always worth pushing the envelope.
| ;-)

Yes. I am quite chuffed that I seem to have worked out how to grow
Passiflora incarnata - I don't get a lot of flowers (and no fruit),
but it IS on a north-east wall. The key is to grow it in the rain
shadow of the eaves, just like Cyclamen coum, but with the ability
to run its root out to where the rain falls. It took me quite a few
tries to work that out!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.