Old 18-12-2006, 04:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
Cynthia Cynthia is offline

Default Crows stealing pebbles

Well, the crows probably don't see it as stealing, but they've recently
taken to flying off with the pebbles I've used to mulch around pot plants.

Does anyone know why they do this?

They've been doing it daily for the last two weeks. I run out there whenever
I see them, but they don't take me very seriously, they're normally back in
the afternoon.

Sometimes the pebbles they take are surprisingly large, but most of the time
they're around 3-4cm in diameter.

I thought that they might be curious about them because of their egg-like
shape, but you'd think they'd get over it when they got no food from them.

Cynthia.