Old 18-12-2006, 03:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Clearing site of Brambles

"Colin Jacobs" wrote in message
Oh, I know that ! I have been an allotment holder for 23 years and

have just
taken this one on due to moving house.
I relish a challenge but getting it out an easy way is a much better
challenge too.
Thanks for all the advice
Brush cutter, spray, then digging them out seems the best method.

Be very wary of digging them out until you are very, very sure that
the whole plant and the root system is dead.

I've tried it at various times assuming that taking the 'crown' out
would do for the beasts. They're a bit like triffids in their
persistence - unless the plant is as dead as a dodo from poison,
they'll reshoot from left over roots. I've only found tree and
blackberry killer to be successful.