Old 18-12-2006, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Mike is offline

Default what can I grow

"kittykat8" wrote in message
vegetable plants, does the pollytunnel give you earlier growing time

thanks
marion

We live in the Isle of Wight so have the same climate as you. We had a very
large garden and had two pollytunnels and always planted our new potatoes on
Boxing Day :-))

Too far away from the house for any Electric Heating or light. It made a
nice 'break' to get out after Christmas.

Of course the ground has to be prepared but that was no problem, even on a
rainy day.

You have time to get them in this Boxing Day and enjoy new potatoes much
earlier than your neighbours, unless they have Pollytunnels as well.

:-))

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk