Old 18-12-2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Richard Ellis Richard Ellis is offline

Default Soil + Compost = nutritious??

In article ,
Kay Lancaster wrote:

My tomato plants are smaller and the yield sparse. Zucchinis only
occasionally produce - usually shrivel before getting any size to them.

Time for a soil test... I'm suspicious of too much sodium (I lived in S.
Cal 30 years ago, and the water was pretty saline!). I'm also suspicious
that you might have had more sun on your garden plot 20 years ago than you
do now.

Yes, less sun, more tree. I wonder if morning sun, like 8:00am - 12pm
is better than afternoon sun, 12pm - 4? I have a choice between two
areas, west side of the tree or east. Now it's on the pm side.

thanks again!
de

--
Everybody is right.