Old 18-02-2003, 12:27 AM
paghat

Default Favorite Plants??

In article ,
(Iris Cohen) wrote:

Of all the things you have growing in your garden(s) which could you not
live without?

Lithodora 'Grace Ward.'

Iris

Could you go into detail on why this one? I have Grace Ward & love the
bright blue blooms, but it has tended to turn black in the middle after a
couple years, & after two attempts to get it to be a really good low
shrub, I about half gave up. I ended up weeding most of it out, leaving
enough to crawl around amidst taller things. But the attempt to make it a
stand-alone groundcover failed because it got homely at the heart too
easily. Perhaps it just rains too much for it here. I still like it but
difficult to imagine it a number one favorite unless it behaves quite
differently for others.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl: