Old 18-12-2006, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default A word of warning!

"Mike Lyle" wrote
K wrote:
Bob, very sorry to hear that. By coincidence, my husband did the same
last weekend. Though not as bad as yours, it's still a severe
infection, and we've had 4 hospital visits since last Monday. I
reiterate your advice, don't 'wait and see', get straight to the
hospital. Between appointments, his eye seemed to be getting worse,
so he went back straight away, and it was most certainly the right
thing to do, as they immediately upped him to hourly doses of a
stronger antibiotic.

And let's all promise one another that we will no longer leave a
garden cane standing without a protective ball thing on top -- my
grandfather gave himself a nasty eye injury that way. The specs
thing's a devil, too: a jab in the eyeball helped me to retrain myself
always to shut my eyes when putting them on. Speedy recovery, Bob.

And best wishes for a swift recovery to Kay's OH too.

I'm thinking a pair of plastic safety specs might be a good extra
Christmas stocking filler for all our gardening friends and relatives -
as long as they don't jab themselves with those!

Using a garden shredder is another time when eye protection is a must.
It took one or two near misses with branches suddenly whipping round and
smacking me in the face and the odd sharp bit unexpectedly shooting back
upwards before I thought to borrow my hubby's DIY safety specs when I
got the shredder going.

--
Sue