Old 18-12-2006, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Colin Jacobs Colin Jacobs is offline

Default My New allotment ( and neighbours)

Since settling in there are some interesting characters. One women has three
plots and pays £75 a year for all three and has never actually got one
finished, she is a potterer and because she is paying her fee and not really
doing much else the association are loathe to kick her off and lose money.
she scratches at a patch of earth about six foot square within a mountain of
weeds and no one has very seen her grow anything as she spends all her time
just picking at little weeds.

Another has little tiny beds in a jungle of grass, There are the old school
dig it all, paths an all every winter and are spotless, others have a rough
patch in a corner and some just hoard wood and other crap and not really do
much with it.
and yes I have met the plot "Know all Know nothing"
Very interesting and certainly no allotment stereotypes as yet
Col.