Old 19-12-2006, 02:35 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_4_] Jonno[_4_] is offline

Default What will goats not eat? Christmas goats and other presents.

Jonno wrote:
Linda H wrote:
So, back to what goats eat just for a sec...

What veggie peelings can't they eat?

I've just peeled over 20 kgs of every imaginable vegetable to prepare
my veggie bakes that I roast and then freeze ahead of time (26 guests
for Christmas Day - ugh I hate it when it's my turn) and I thought I'd
see if my neighbour would want her five goats to have them. I haven't
yet set up my compost heap and there's such a lot to throw out otherwise.

I'd heard that some animals (such as pet guinea pigs) aren't supposed
to have certain ones. I have mass peelings (3 shopping bags full) of
peelings from potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, cauliflower (stems),
brocolli (stems), capsicums, carrots, beans, zuccini, spinach (stalks)
squash, (I didn't put the onion, spring onion or garlic peels in there
coz I'd heard that onions can be toxic to some animals, but goats, I
dunno.)

I just thought I wouldn't mind knowing whether they shouldn't have
them before asking if her goats want 'em.

Dunno but suggest the goats will know.

Show em the menu of course....