Old 19-12-2006, 05:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Crittall Greenhouse - new bolts required

"Paul Nixon" wrote in message

I purchased a large second hand Crittall Green house last year and of
course upon dismantling to transfer to my home, many of the aluminium
bolts and nuts sheared off. I have tried high and low to obtain some
replacement bolts and nuts trying other greenhouse and fixing
suppliers.The bolts slots into the frame for fixing and securing, they
are aluminium slotted pan head 1/2" long by 1/4" dia. The slotted pan
head has to be approx 1/8" wide to slot into support channel frame,
etc. Many places stock spare greenhouse bolts, but they are the type
with square heads, mainly for Halls Type greenhouses. Could anyone tell
me or point me in the right direct for a supplier, or perhaps an ex
supplier to Crittall in the past? - many thanks in anticipation.
Paul Nixon

Go to a hardware store with one of the bolts, and compare them to Torx head
hardware. You'll probably find a solution. Don't forget to buy a Torx driver
before leaving the store.