Old 19-12-2006, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Can You Store Apples in an Open Barn?

Charlie Pridham wrote:
"Davy" wrote in message
I have planted some apple trees and will need to arrange winter storage.

My
shed is rather full of tools but attached to it is a small open-fronted
barn. I am thinking of putting some shelves in the barn and storing

apples
in trays on the shelves.
The barn gets the morning sun and has no heat. Will it be suitable for
storing apples?

thanks in advance,

Davy

Yes, but you will need to mouse proof it, they prefer eaters but will nibble
everything and like children will not finish one before starting the next!

You are welcome to come and look at my sprouts to see that, almost
everyone nibbled and none completely eaten. For the first time for
years I am going to have to buy some, sprouts that is.

--
Please do not reply to the
email address as all post