Old 19-12-2006, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default Albizia Julibrissin Rosea flowering in England ?

On 19 Dec 2006 10:19:59 GMT
(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
Emery Davis writes:

| I had always thought most of the south west to be fairly alkaline, is it not?

No. It is only so if you use the London definition of the south-west,
which includes Wiltshire and sometimes even Hampshire. The chalk
mostly stops before the south-west proper.

g The London definition as opposed to... HRH's definition? The RHS
definition? The Lib Dem Definition? Just wondering.

Anyway thanks for the clarification. I wonder if there are soil composition
maps available somewhere, perhaps representing mean pH by region,
friability or whatnot. I tried to find such data collections for the
Japanese islands -- and specifically precipitation by month by region --
but to no avail. You'd think at least for Britain someone would have
done a study...

-E

--
Emery Davis