Old 19-12-2006, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Albizia Julibrissin Rosea flowering in England ?

In article ,
Emery Davis writes:

| g The London definition as opposed to... HRH's definition? The RHS
| definition? The Lib Dem Definition? Just wondering.

Precisely :-)

| Anyway thanks for the clarification. I wonder if there are soil composition
| maps available somewhere, perhaps representing mean pH by region,
| friability or whatnot. I tried to find such data collections for the
| Japanese islands -- and specifically precipitation by month by region --
| but to no avail. You'd think at least for Britain someone would have
| done a study...

They have. Those are known as maps :-) Geological maps are fairly
easy to locate, and soil composition is one of the things that they
can display. You then have to convert that to pH.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.