Old 19-12-2006, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Stephen Henning Stephen Henning is offline

Default When to cut tree?

That would also uproot the forsythia.

"Growers Information" wrote:
You did not mention how large the maple is. If it is less than a
couple of inches in diameter, I would try pulling it with a
"come-along". I use one to pull a lot of established bushes in my back
yard. That way there is no need to worry about the tree coming back.
Again, if the tree is small enough, and the forsythia is as established
as you say, the root system should handle the stress.

Gemstone Rivers wrote:
One major thing that does needs to be done is the removal of a small maple
tree that is growing up almost on top of and through a fantastic, old
forsythia bush. I don't see how both can survive together for much longer
and the forsythia bush is so fantastic that it would be a shame for an
opportunistically rooted tree to kill it.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6