Old 19-12-2006, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Can You Store Apples in an Open Barn?

In message , Sacha
writes
On 19/12/06 17:30, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Alan Holmes
writes

snip

You have got me worried, I usually store mine in the shed, individually
wrapped in newspaper, and so far, thank goodness, I haven't noticed any
trouble, but I will go out in the morning to check them!

If your shed has a door, Alan, I am sure they will be OK, unless of
course rats or mice eat through the floor.

Rats eat through anything, mice get through a hole small enough to take e.g.
a candle.

As my parents discovered from bitter experience when the floor of the
pantry in the listed house they had lived in for thirty years was eaten.
--
June Hughes