Old 20-12-2006, 10:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Maya Maya is offline

Default recipie for homemade organic fertilizer

JRY wrote:
Anyone want to share their recipe for homemade organic fertilizer ?
Now that winter is here in zone5, I want to plan my garden out while I
wait for the warm weather to return.
Thanks everyone

Jerome

There's nothing much better than liquid fertilizer made from nettles,
comfrey, or, best of all, a mix of the two. Just throw the leaves in a
rain barrel, or any kind of sealed container with a tap, throw in some
water (I fill the barrel 1/4 full with leaves, then fill with water),
leave it a month or so to rot down - the resulting liquid is the best
thing you can put on any organic garden - juust be sure to stay
downwind of the barrel, it smells awful!

Urine is wonderful too, if you're not shy. (o:

Gilly