Old 20-12-2006, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Davy Davy is offline

Default Can You Store Apples in an Open Barn?

The general consensus is that the rats/mice will get the apples if stored in
an open-fronted barn. But that would also would preclude storing them in a
shed since their is no way my shed could be rat/mice proof. Most houses are
not mice proof.
Agree?
Davy

"Davy" wrote in message
I have planted some apple trees and will need to arrange winter storage.

My
shed is rather full of tools but attached to it is a small open-fronted
barn. I am thinking of putting some shelves in the barn and storing

apples
in trays on the shelves.
The barn gets the morning sun and has no heat. Will it be suitable for
storing apples?

thanks in advance,

Davy