Old 20-12-2006, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John McMillan John McMillan is offline

Default STARLINGS

In article ,
Josie wrote:

Having just remarked on the unusual lack of Starlings at this time of
year, I had a single solitary one visit the fat balls this week.

Joe

Slightly off topic but I can highly recommend the exhibition
"A bitter draught; the starling and slavery" at Shandy Hall, Coxwold
North Yorks. "sundays until january 2007"

http://www.asterisk.org.uk/

Its about starlings and their lives and our relationships to and
perceptions of them. Also about Laurence Sterne, social justice,
citizenship and slavery. Held to celebrate the 200th anniversary of
Parliaments' abolition of the slave trade in 2007.