Old 20-12-2006, 09:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
James James is offline

Default recipie for homemade organic fertilizer

JRY wrote:
Anyone want to share their recipe for homemade organic fertilizer ?
Now that winter is here in zone5, I want to plan my garden out while I
wait for the warm weather to return.
Thanks everyone

Jerome

Remember BS, MS, PhD

Bullshit, MoreShit, Piled high & Dried.

If you have horse owners within commuiting distance, just collect all
the free manure you can and use liberally. Some horse owners post on
Craigslist under FREE. You might luck out and get aged manure that is
alread piled high & dried.

Uncomposted horse manure may contain live weed seeds.

Chicken houses are another of good free fertilizer.