Old 20-12-2006, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Water help..please

"Welsh Witch" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:55:28 -0800, Mike Lyle wrote:

Snip
There's one thing I would love to grow but every time I touch it it dies
off even if I have it in a pot with perfect compost...cordyline!

Cordylines are often sold too small to survive frost, either buy bigger or
grow on for a couple of years, once you have a decent trunk they nearly
always return from below ground if cut down by cold, (happens about every 15
years or so in Truro.) and if you are borderline for hardiness don't bother
with the coloured leaf forms which are less hardy than the plain greens.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk