Old 21-12-2006, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Cold night

"Welsh Witch" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:37:26 +0000, Sacha wrote:

-2C here last night. Mercifully there's no wind but my goodness, it's
cold!
Frost is still lying in one or two parts of the garden which haven't felt
the sun of a glorious winter's day. Tonight, the temperature is falling
like a stone and after a trip to the chiropractor for both of us, the
cold
almost undid all the good he'd done to our creaky spines.
Yesterday morning, Ray looked out of our bedroom window at about 7.30am
and
exclaimed at the extraordinary sight of what looked like a bright red
light
shining some distance away. It was almost fluorescent. It was only after
few moments observation that we realised it was the sun. We've never
seen
anything quite like it and in mediaeval times, I think it would have been
portent, though of what, I don't know. When I did the well worn "red sky
in
the morning..." Ray chipped in with "shepherd's cottage on fire"! Last
week
we woke up to a sunrise that was pink right across the sky, looking
exactly
like a sunset. The times they are a-changing!

"Red sky in the morning shepherds' warning" I took this at about 8pm
looking out of my office window. I must admit it gave me the shudders and
I wondered what it could possibly be a warning of as you said. It comes
down the the edge of the garden brrr.
http://www.walk-wales.org.uk/morningfire.html

Stunning picture. I think you mean 8am though?

Still, let's not argue over technicalities.

Steve