Old 21-12-2006, 01:26 PM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Blocking senders

I would not care how many kittens a person threatened to kill on
another board, but I would consider a pond post threatening to kill
kittens as OT and not suitable for a pond discussion. The rest of the
context would be important to see.

Random discussions of animal cruelty are not really pond discussions.

I note that Tristan does not like the idea of a moderated group. That
is certainly his prerogative and he would be free to not perticipate.
Perhaps a calm rpm would help rp to have fewer trolls. Or maybe those
who could not resist attacking others would simply not do that on rpm
or perhaps even not participate in rpm. Most of those outcomes would
allow posters wishing for a friendly, interactive group about ponds to
participate. Perhaps even in two groups.

Phyllis