Old 21-12-2006, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Cold night

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 20/12/06 23:49, in article ,
"madgardener" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
-2C here last night. Mercifully there's no wind but my goodness, it's
cold!
Frost is still lying in one or two parts of the garden which haven't
felt
the sun of a glorious winter's day.snip

I'm in hopes to write some wintery but out of season rambles based on
the pictures I've taken of the gardens this past spring and summer and
didn't write about at all due to being very distracted. Bad health has
kicked me butt, but I am slowly and agonizingly healing up, with set
backs of physicality's and more infections, from whence I know not where
they come from..................OLD AGE AIN'T FOR SISSIES~
madgardener up on the ridge back in a cold fairy holler, overlooking
English Mountain

No blizzards in this part of UK, or anywhere else for that matter but LOTS
of fog

It's the fog bit that bothers me, all we have here is a bit of a mist, but
a large number of motorists have their headlights and fog lights on!

and many delayed flights for Christmas travellers.

As one who lives under the flight path of Heathrow, that is welcome news!

Ir is rather cold though, and we have had a couple of mornings of frost.

Alan