Old 21-12-2006, 09:13 PM posted to rec.ponds
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Blocking senders

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:52:29 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

"~ janj" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:52:56 -0500, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

Early on, before we even got around to the first draft of the RFD, the
subject of "blacklisting" or blocking posters based on IP number, nym, or
any of a number of different criteria. The suggestion was met with a
resounding "NO." Even if someone were to hold hostage and threaten to
kill
a cute kitten unless we "blacklisted" someone, we still wouldn't block a
poster. We aren't even looking at ways to do it, so we may not even be
able to do it even if we wanted to. If a post is civil and about ponds,
there is little doubt that it would be approved, no matter who submitted
it. Let me make it perfectly clear, we will allow anyone to post no
matter
how many cute kittens someone threatens to kill. There are NO plans to
moderate RPM on anything other than content. Of course, if someone
threatens cute bunnies we may have to rethink that...

I don't know about you Galen, but if a post comes thru on my watch
threatening to kill anything if we mods don't do something, I'll be
hitting
the reject button. :-) ~ jan

What Jan said.

Hey gang, maybe y'all should re-read the thing. I said nothing about
receiving a post that threatened us to take some action. I mentioned that
we had no plans to "blacklist" anyone, and that threats of any kind (I used
killing kittens, but it could have been puppies or anything) were quite
unlikely to make us do so. Threatening *posts* are an entirely different
matter.

--
Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
Hell hath no fury like a bird in the hand.