Old 24-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Victoria Clare

Default hardy geraniums - id and germination

This year I'm growing a lot of hardy geraniums from mixed seed. Does anyone
think there is any hope of identifying the young plants, or will I have to
get them all the flowering size first?

If anyone thinks they might be able/willing to spot them, I'll photograph
the seedlings (mostly at the 4-6 leaf stage at present) and stick them up
on the web.

Oh, I'm also growing geranium macrorhizum czakor - or I am trying to, they
don't seem to want to germinate! Is this geranium a slow developer, or
have I got a duff batch? Sowed them at the same time as the mixed lot and a
pack of another named variety, both of which are well up by now.