Old 22-12-2006, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Happy Christmas

On 22/12/06 18:51, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
Looking out of the window, I can't see the end of the garden, the fog is
so
terrible. I hope that everyone who is going away for Christmas travels
safely and on time and that all urglers have a very happy Christmas and a
wonderful new year.

Well I'm sure you all know what the weather is like around here, we are not
that many miles from Heathrow.
But early this morning just before dawn we had freezing fog that looked like
tiny sparkles in the headlights as it rained down, I've never seen it quite
like that before. Scraped the car windows clear, went to Sainsburys and had
to do it all over again when we came out. Everything went white and the
trees and plants looked so wonderful. Highest temp today has been -1°C.

Ouch. Supposedly it was 7C here today and that was quite enough, thank you.
Luckily we had no wind but the fog, which stayed here all day, was extremely
localised as we found out when we drove out of the village this pm to go to
Ashburton. So localised that at the top of the hill out of Landscove, we
drove straight out of it. This immediate area is a bit Brigadoon-ish, in
terms of weather, we feel very often. The entire village was submerged and
looking at one of the pylons emerging from the fog reminded me of looking at
a light house standing out in the sea on a rocky promontory. I rather like
it because I miss the sea a lot, even while I love the gentle greens and
browns and other shades of the South Hams.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk